As we always aim to be an exemplary corporate citizen, health, safety, and environmental concerns are always among our key focal points. We are committed to providing healthy, safe, and clean conditions for our employees, contractors and visitors. In providing a good working environment there is no higher priority than safety and we target continuous improvement to reduce record-able injury and accident times to zero.
Nearly six hundred and fifty members of Team Shakarganj have participated in a structured Programme to obtain professional training and certification in first aid in collaboration with Pakistan Red Crescent Society – Punjab. Preventive action and training and timely response procedures to deal with potential accidents have resulted in minimising recordable injuries and accidents.
Safety is not an Act, it is a Habit
Our approach to HSE is apparent in our Mission Zero Agenda that targets zero accidents and work-related illnesses. To effectively implement the mission zero agenda, we empower and encourage our people to play their part.
Raising Awareness and Engaging our People
We all have a part to play in keeping our workplaces safe. One of the most effective ways we can do this is by being aware of the risks around us and taking action to address these. That’s why we actively encourage all our people to regularly assess their working environments and report any identified risks – as they arise.
A key priority of our agenda is the prevention of work-related illness. While there is clear evidence that employment can have a positive effect on personal well being, poor health in the workplace can present significant safety risks. We offer a range of services to help enhance the health of our employees. These include medical checkups for employees in certain roles and healthcare benefits for staff – as well as targeted communication campaigns aimed at tackling lifestyle-related issues.
Cultural Change Through Communication
We believe communication is critical to creating the conditions to meet our objectives on Safety at the workplace. We have one-on-one HSE orientations for all new starters and an HSE briefing for all new visitors. One of the key aims of this exercise is to encourage a culture of care and safe practices.
Shakarganj is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace for all personnel performing their duties on its behalf, in a manner that protects the environment, prevention of pollution, and compliance of applicable legal and other requirements.
We achieve this by;
- Developing and implementing management structures and standard procedures at all our workplaces
- Creating EHS awareness amongst all employees through comprehensive Programme of training & education
- Making top management, managers, supervisors, and lead technicians accountable for EHS management efort towards elimination of causes that might lead to harm people, environment and assets
- Recognizing that EHS is everyone’s direct responsibility
- Monitoring, evaluating and continually improving our EHS performance through the operational standards, training, assessments and audits
- Working and maintaining 3R strategy (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle) in all our operations